increase function and find meaning
Occupational therapy is the art + science of enabling engagement of everyday living, for you or your child, through activities that are important and of value to you.
We believe that:
- Every person is unique
- People are social and spiritual beings
- We shape and are shaped by our environments
- Health is more than absence of disease
You are an expert regarding your own life
Life is not all rainbows and butterflies, and so finding adaptive ways to cope as well as develop essential life skills when things fall apart are healthy approaches to living a full life.
I work with women, parents and children one on one, locally in Toronto or online.
play-based, multi-sensory approach for kids:
- Child development— motor skills for baby in first year (grasp, tummy time, rolling, sitting, standing, walking) as well as support with sleep and feeding.
- Improve fine motor skills & boost confidence in printing, cutting and other daily activities.
- Understand how to best support your child based on his/her sensory needs
- Address self-regulation
- Play, mealtime, sleep, toileting & transitions are all part of daily life— we consult on these areas as well.
non-judgmental, sustainable approach for adults:
- Increase self-awareness and healthy thought management
- Explore where you are at and where you want to go; get inspired to make small changes
- Address one or many areas of your life including self-care (the basics of sleep, mealtime, me time), shifting careers, time, money and stress management, increasing fun.
assessment, consultation and treatment
I used to provide comprehensive high end packages and maybe one day I will go back to that, but for now I prefer to offer sessions that are accessible and low risk. Some parents only need 1-3 sessions and others need ongoing support, whether that is weekly or monthly. It totally depends. Each family is unique and so I'm happy to meet you where you are at. Simply get in touch to further discuss your needs and goals.
$190 for 90 minutes
$150 for 60 minutes
$110 for 45 minutes
*Includes visit at home if in Toronto or virtually using Zoom, a secure video platform (simple and easy) and a brief email summary.
If you have extended health care benefit insurance, your plan may cover occupational therapy services offered in Ontario, Canada.
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to send me an email or phone me here.