increase function and find meaning
Occupational therapy is the art + science of enabling engagement of everyday living, for you or your child, through activities that are important and of value to you.
We believe that:
- Every person is unique
- People are social and spiritual beings
- We shape and are shaped by our environments
- Health is more than absence of disease
You are an expert regarding your own life
Life is not all rainbows and butterflies, and so finding adaptive ways to cope as well as develop essential life skills when things fall apart are healthy approaches to living a full life.
I work with women, parents and children one on one, locally in Toronto or online.
play-based, multi-sensory approach for kids:
- Improve fine motor skills & boost confidence in printing, cutting and other daily activities.
- Understand how to best support your child based on his/her sensory needs
- Address self-regulation
- Mealtime, sleep, toileting & transitions are all part of daily life— we consult on these areas as well.
non-judgmental, sustainable approach for adults:
- Increase self-awareness and healthy thought management
- Explore where you are at and where you want to go; get inspired to make small changes
- We can look at any areas of your life including self-care (the basics of sleep, mealtime, me time), shifting careers, time and stress management, increasing fun.
$190 for up to 90 minutes,
$150 for up to 60 minutes,
$110 for up to 45 minutes
Packages are tailored to your needs
If you have extended health care benefit insurance, your plan may cover occupational therapy services.
Occupational therapy options
- If you're looking for funded services, you can ask your doctor for a referral to a community therapist and you may qualify for government-funded programmes. The wait times vary and frequency of services are limited, however this may be exactly what you need.
- If you're looking for a formal assessment and written report, you can bring your child to a local clinic.
- If you are looking for quality, sessions that are a mix of skill building, emotional support with the big picture in mind, we may be a good fit. In-home and phone consultations available.
- You can schedule a time to chat more about private services.